Building a career at Granite may be the most valuable thing you could do...
Are you interested in the opportunity to work for an industry-leading company that will give you the experience and exposure you need to build your career and personal brand? If so, then you've come to the right place!
The Quality Control Technician is responsible for sampling, testing, and inspecting construction materials or elements in a laboratory or field setting to ensure compliance with the supplier and/or owner specifications.
Essential Job Accountabilities
- Collect/prepare samples of one of the following construction materials; soil, aggregate, hot mix asphalt (HMA) or Portland cement concrete (PCC) in either a laboratory or field setting.
- Perform quality control testing and/or inspections on one of the above materials in either a lab or field setting to ensure compliance with the supplier and/or owner specifications.
- Prepare and communicate testing and inspection results to supervisors to ensure quality control standards are satisfied and process changes can be implemented.
- Participate in and promote Granite's safety procedures and policies to promote a safe working environment.
- Comply with OSHA and MSHA rules and regulations in order to perform duties in a safe manner.
- Perform other duties as required.
- High school diploma, preferred.
- Regional or State Agency certification, preferred.
Knowledge, skills, and abilities
- Entry level position (0-2 years)
- Basic computer skills
- Good oral and written communication skills.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear.
- The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, sit and use hands to operate a computer keyboard.
- The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and ability to adjust focus.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
About Granite Construction Incorporated
- Valid driver's license and ability to drive.
- Team player
- Ability and willingness to consistently abide by Granite's Code of Conduct.
Granite Construction Incorporated is a member of the S&P 400 Index and is the parent company of Granite Construction Company, one of the nation's largest heavy civil contractors and construction materials producers. Granite Construction is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, Individuals with Disabilities and a Drug-Free Workplace. For additional information on applicant/employee rights please clickhere.Notice to Staffing Agencies
Granite Construction, Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Granite") will not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from a candidate. Any unsolicited resumes sent to Granite, including unsolicited resumes sent to a Granite mailing address, fax machine or email address, directly to Granite employees, or to Granite's resume database will be considered Granite property. Granite will NOT pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume.Granite will consider any candidate for whom an Agency has submitted an unsolicited resume to have been referred by the Agency free of any charges or fees.
Agencies must obtain advance written approval from Granite's recruiting function to submit resumes, and then only in conjunction with a valid fully-executed contract for service and in response to a specific job opening.Granite will not pay a fee to any Agency that does not have such agreement in place.
Agency agreements will only be valid if in writing and signed by Granite's Human Resources Representative or his/ her designee. No other Granite employee is authorized to bind Granite to any agreement regarding the placement of candidates by Agencies.